„There are many worthy community causes competing for our support. But these community charities lose their relevance if the political economy on which they depend is overcome by external threats or fails from within. For this reason, we cannot think of a higher or more urgent priority than supporting those institutions dedicated to preserving the American experiment.”
-John Lovewell, IWP Vice Chairman
IWP receives several significant donations
IWP has received several significant gifts within the past year that are advancing the school’s mission to educate principled, well-rounded leaders in national security and international affairs, including a $2 million gift from Cynthia and John Lovewell (pictured at left). Read more
Alumnus Spotlight: Kevin Murphy, Consultant for the U.S. Navy
In this interview, we speak with Kevin Murphy (’16), whose career ambition is to continue process improvement with financing U.S. defense systems.
Library expands collection, welcomes new staff
The personal collection of Dr. Stefan Possony has been donated to the IWP library. An economist and military historian, Dr. Possony was perhaps most famous for conceiving the Reagan-era U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative. Read more
Faculty and leadership news and articles
- Kevin Cyron (’13) honored as outstanding history teacher by Freedom Hill DAR
- Zak Allal (’18) launches new piano concert series
Recent talks at IWP
- „China: Kidnapped by the Communist Party,” with Chen Guangcheng
- „The Challenge of Counterintelligence Cultures,” with Dr. Jack Dziak
- „Belarus Under Putin’s Radar,” with Franak Viačorka
- „Why We Fight: Defeating America’s Enemies – With No Apologies,” with Dr. Sebastian Gorka
- „Chinese Espionage and U.S. Security,” with Nicholas Eftimiades
In the title picture: IWP alumni gave career advice to students on March 1st. They shared about their experience in government, contracting, and the private sector.
Our mailing address is:
The Institute of World Politics
1521 16th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
Source: The Institute of World Politics, News & Publication, March 27, 2019.