Alumnus wins two prestigious awards for counterintelligence work
This month, an IWP alumnus has received two prestigious awards: one for Best Collector in the Department of Defense (DoD), and one for Best Counterintelligence Team in DoD.
His IWP education has contributed significantly to this alumnus’ ability to obtain and maximize strategic intelligence. These efforts ranged from disrupting adversarial networks to neutralizing blackmail, and destroying over $1 billion in adversarial activity. The impact will last into the 2030s. Read more
IWP announces Great Statesman Scholarships
This new scholarship program, conceived of by IWP Trustee and alumnus Michael C. Maibach, has been launched with three founding Scholarship Patrons. These Patrons have established scholarships in honor of President Dwight Eisenhower, Commodore John Barry, and General Robert William Cone. Read more
Arthur Stromberg bequeaths $2 million to IWP
Longtime IWP supporter Mr. Arthur Stromberg, who passed away earlier this year in March, generously bequeathed approximately $2 million to IWP. His legacy will live on through the education offered at IWP and the work of our graduates. Read more
IWP begins fall semester with largest new doctoral class
This semester, we welcomed a class of 121 students, including seven new doctoral candidates in the Doctor of Statecraft and National Security program. Read more
Faculty and Alumni Articles and Interviews
- „The September 1939 War: Polish Cavalry Charging, but not Tanks,” by Dr. Marek Jan Chodakiewicz
- „Greece vs. Turkey: NATO’s Coming Split?” by Dr. Marek Jan Chodakiewicz
- „Acceptance and Rejection,” by Dr. John J. Tierney, Jr.
- „Outer Space: The Last Frontier,” by Dr. John J. Tierney, Jr.
- „It’s time for a Jackson-Vanik Amendment for China,” co-authored by Scott Cullinane (’12)
- „Trump Succeeded Herding Balkan Cats,” by Dr. Marek Jan Chodakiewicz
- „The geopolitical transformation of the Middle East,” by Prof. Norman Bailey
- Dr. Matthew Daniels was interviewed by Across the States about a new curriculum initiative emphasizing Dr. King’s non-violent social justice philosophy.
Also of Note
- IWP Trustee Michael Maibach featured in documentary on the U.S. Electoral College
- Four Kings Point Midshipmen receive the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Class of 2020 IWP Award For Excellence in Cyber Statecraft
- Charles Chen joins Cyber Intelligence Initiative Advisory Board
2020 Student Symposium
- Deal of the Decade: How the United States Should Handle Afghanistan, with Caroline Hickey
- New Age Public Diplomacy, with Phoebe Gor
- The Implications of China’s Belt & Road Initiative for U.S. National Security, with Jared Martin
- How the Civil War Completed the Constitution: A 2020 Perpetuation Address, with Dr. Ken Masugi
- Electoral Reform in Angola and Mozambique, with Martina Perino and Florindo Chivucute, moderated by Prof. Hashem Mekki
- Soviet Defectors: Revelations of Renegade Intelligence Officers, 1924-1954, with Dr. Kevin P. Riehle
- Human Rights Atrocities in North Korea, with Ambassador Jung-Hoon Lee
- Becoming Kim Jong Un, with Dr. Jung H. Pak
- Transforming US Intelligence for Irregular War: Task Force 714 in Iraq, with Dr. Richard Shultz
The title image: The Institute of World Politics – Marlatt Mansion Entrance. Photo: IWP.
Our mailing address is:
The Institute of World Politics
1521 16th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
Source: The Institute of World Politics, News & Publication, September 30, 2020.